Did you know drop cookies is the official style of cookie that you drop by the teaspoon or tablespoon onto a baking sheet before baking? This is not to be confused with cut out cookies (which you have to roll out) or slice and bakes (which you usually freeze). These frosted molasses drops are like gingerbread cookies soft-fluffy and delicious cousins that require so much less work. With no need to chill, roll, or slice, these cookies go from dough to oven to stomach in almost no time.
1 stick butter
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup robust molasses
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon cloves
Fresh grated nutmeg
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup Oat Milk
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the molasses, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg to the batter.
- Slowly mix in the flour, baking soda, and milk until a cookie dough is formed.
- Scoop the dough onto lined baking sheets and bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Let cool on racks before drizzling on the glaze. For the glaze, melt butter and mix with powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until the right consistency is reached.
- Let dry before boxing up or serving.