Do you ever those nights where you planned out a meal, but then your family ended up being in the mood for something else? Well, I was going to make tacos. The peppers were roasted, the tortillas were bought, and I was just about to throw the chicken into the pan when my husband proclaims that he is really in the mood for Mediterranean food. Fortunately, the ingredients were easily transferred over with a quick swap of salsa for hummus!
RECIPE: Mediterranean Taco
Makes 4 Tacos
4 Roasted Poblano Peppers
1) Begin by slicing up one of the chicken breasts and dropping it into a hot skillet.
2) Season the chicken with paprika, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to preferred taste.
3) On a clean cutting board, cut up the roasted peppers and chop the onion.
4) Add the onion and pepper to the partially cooked chicken.
5) As the ingredients finish cooking together, slather a scoop of hummus on one side of a tortilla.
6) Lay a portion of chicken and vegetables over the hummus then fold over the tortilla and enjoy!
These chicken breasts were large and created approximately four servings. I was full from a single taco, while my husband ate two. The good news is they reheat well as leftovers for lunch the next day.