Have you guys missed me? I know I’ve missed you! Life got a bit hectic this fall, but I am finally getting back into the swing of things and experimenting once again in the kitchen. This recipe is a great way to celebrate, so I thought I would make it my first post back after almost 2 and 1/2 months!
RECIPE: Cookie Cake
Makes 6-8 Servings
Greased Baking Sheet
Oven set to 350 Degrees
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 stick Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup M&M’s
The frosting is completely optional and based on personal preference. I skipped it.
1) In a mixer, begin by creaming together the sugars and the butter.
2) Beat in the eggs and the vanilla.
3) Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine gently until a dough is formed.
4) Mix in the M&M’s.
5) On a greased baking sheet, use a spatula to shape the dough into the desired cookie shape. You don’t want to leave it too thick, no more than 1/4 to a 1/2 inch.
6) Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. (Time may vary based on your oven and thickness of cookie.)
7) Let the cookie cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to the cooling rack.
8) Once completely cool, you can frost or serve as is in wedges.