BLT’s are a pretty straightforward meal. Nothing too complicated. I mean the ingredients are in the name so it’s not like you can experiment too much before it becomes a club sandwich or a completely different sandwich. This is the most modifications I would make to a BLT and still call it a BLT, but I can promise it will be the best BLT you have ever eaten.
RECIPE: BLT Special Order
Makes 2 servings
Cast iron pan
Spatula or Fork
Large Ripe Tomato
6 Low Sodium Bacon Slices
4 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
1) Begin by slicing the perfectly ripe tomato into slices. They should be about a cm thick.
2) Begin cooking the slices of bacon in the cast iron pan.
3) Toast the four slices of whole wheat bread either in the oven or in a toaster.
4) Flip the bacon.
5) When the bacon and toast are almost done, sprinkle the slices of tomatoes with a bit of salt and pepper.
6) Spread the bottom slice of toast with a thin layer of mayo.
7) Add three slices of bacon on top of the mayo.
8) Add the seasoned tomatoes on top of the bacon.
9) Top the whole thing with fresh mustard greens picked straight from the garden. Much better than lettuce.
10) Put on the last piece of bread and dig into the best BLT you will ever eat.