My garden is producing pretty well this summer. Ignoring the fact that the squirrels ate all my beautiful tomatoes before they could ripen, I have picked a lot of other vegetables. The zucchini plant may be one of my top producers. So here is a recipe made with a zucchini picked from my garden!
RECIPE: Zucchini Casserole
Makes 4 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
Oven set to 375 degrees
1) Begin by cooking the sausage in the cast iron pan.
2) Slice the zucchini into half rounds.
3) Mix the zucchini into the sausage until evenly distributed.
4) Turn off the heat, and stir in the tomato sauce.
5) Slice the mozzarella and mince up the parmesan cheese.
6) Slide it into the oven for about 20 minutes.
7) When the cheese is melted and the zucchini baked through, remove from oven. Let sit for a minute or two and serve with a sprinkle of Basil and Parsley.