I’m back! I have a new phone for taking pictures, and made sure I made some good food over the weekend so I had something to share with all of you! It’s really hot out. Like super hot out. Like I almost passed out from the heat over the weekend. When it’s like hell outside, there is no way I’m turning on the oven inside. This grilled dinner experiments with unique flavor combinations, but your taste buds will appreciate how they play off each other.
RECIPE: Fenugreek Chicken and Pineapple
Makes 2 Servings
Cast iron pan
2 Chicken Breasts
Powdered Fenugreek Seed
Pint of Spicy Salsa
1) The first step is to prepare your pineapple. I usually give this task to my husband, but its not too hard. First, cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple. Then, cutting as close to the edge as you can, make 5 long slices to peel off the outer skin. The apple corer can be used to remove the core of the pineapple since its tougher to eat.
2) Then you can slice your pineapple. My husband snitched a few pieces, but we still had plenty to grill in the end.
3) On a plate, lay out the two chicken breasts. Sprinkle each side liberally with the fenugreek seasoning, a sprinkle of salt, and a grind or two of white pepper.4) In a cast iron pan, add the rice. Mine was frozen rice from the last time we had gotten takeout. Add the full pint of salsa and let it cook, stirring occasionally.
5) Grill the pineapple and the chicken. The chicken you will want to grill to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. The pineapple you will just want to sear on both sides.
6) Serve the chicken and pineapple with a side of rice.
The perfect bite is when you combine all three items together. The spicy rice is one of my favorite lazy meals. The rice is already precooked and the salsa makes it taste like you spent time chopping up all these vegetables to cook into it. Definitely a great cheat side!