I was craving carnitas. Unfortunately, I was also really hungry and wanted dinner a lot faster than carnitas would be to make. I decided the next best thing was to make pork topped nachos. These nachos are absolutely satisfied my craving, and went from concept to plate in about 20 minutes. If you want a quick after work meal with lots of flavor, try this one out!
RECIPE: Pork Nachos
Makes 2 Servings
Cast iron pan
Oven set to 375
1/2 Green Tomato
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Pork Chop
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Mustard Greens for Snacking
1) On a wooden cutting board, slice up the onion and green tomato. Mince the garlic.
2) On a plastic cutting board, cut up a pork chop into little bite sizes.
3) Toss the onion and garlic into a hot cast iron pan.
4) Add the pork and green tomatoes.
5) Season the pork and veggie mixture with jalapeno powder, cilantro, cumin, and paprika.
6) Stir with a spatula to ensure even coverage and cooking.
7) On the wooden cutting board, shred up another 2-3 ounces of cheddar cheese.
8) Lay out a layer of tortilla chips in a baking dish. Usually about 1-2 ounces.
9) Sprinkle the chips with the shredded cheddar cheese.
10) Top with the pork, onion, and green tomato mixture.
11) Place into a hot oven until the cheese melts.
12) Serve in the pan with salsa, hot sauce, or just as is!
The onion and green tomato was my favorite part of this dish. I should have done a lot more, but I like onion quite a bit more than my husband. He liked the pork the best.