I love green vegetables. Avocado, jalapenos, green tomato, mustard greens, scallions, cabbage, you name it and I’ll eat it. I decided to put as many green vegetables on these quesadillas as possible.
RECIPE: The Extra Sharp Burger
Makes 2 Burgers
Cast iron pan
Pepper Jack Cheese or Cheddar Cheese
1) Begin by chopping up the green tomatoes and onions.
2) Cut the avocado in half, peel it and remove the pit. Put it into a bowl.
3) Slice the pepper jack cheese or cheddar cheese.
4) In a heated cast iron pan, lay out a tortilla and lay on the sliced cheese.
5) Sprinkle in the green tomatoes, onion, and pickled jalapenos.
6) Fold or top with another quesadilla.
7) Flip and let cook until gold brown on each side.
8) While the tortillas are cooking, mash the avocado in the bowl with a sprinkle of salt, a bit of cilantro, garlic powder and a heavy pour of juice from the pickled jalapeno.
9) Top the freshly cooked quesadilla with the avocado mix or serve it on the side.