There are some foods that you could eat every day, and never duplicate. Chicken salad is one of those foods. I don’t know anyone who makes their chicken salad the same way, and I rarely duplicate a recipe. I wanted this chicken salad to be half chicken, half vegetables, and highlight the unique flavor of lemongrass. I think I accomplished my goal.
RECIPE: Lemongrass Chicken Salad
Makes 4 Wraps
2 Large Carrots
3-4 Garlic Cloves
1 Chicken Breast
1) Chop up the scallion, carrots, and garlic into small pieces. Put them into a bowl.
2) Cut up the chicken into small squares, and add them back to the bowl.
3) Add a small scoop of light mayo, a half tablespoon of lemongrass, and a heavy sprinkle of paprika.
4) Stir until well coated and incorporated.
5) Serve the chicken salad on a tortilla and wrap before slicing.
Serve with a side of fruit for a well-balanced meal! I love chicken salad! And it only ever tastes better the next day when the flavors meld together.