Onion is a great source of vitamin C. If you don’t like citrus or eat a lot of it, I definitely recommend you eat plenty of onion! It will help you prevent scurvy, and its hard to eat all the delicious food you can make if you are missing teeth. This recipe capitalizes on how grilled onion is flavorful, juicy, and a perfect topper, especially on a turkey burger.
Also, once you try my turkey burger, you will never buy them from the freezer section ever again.
RECIPE: Grilled Onion Turkey Burger
Two Burgers with Sides
Cast iron pan
8 oz Ground Turkey Breast
3 Garlic Cloves
1 T Parsley
2 teaspoons Worchester Sauce
1) Put the ground turkey into a bowl.
2) Mince the garlic cloves and a 1/4 of the onion. Also, cut off two slices of onion.
3) Mix the minced garlic, onion, lots of parsley, and some Worchester sauce into the turkey and form into patties.
4) Grill the onion slices and the buns on the hot grill pan.
5) Heat up some oil in a cast iron pan as you slice the sweet potatoes into your preferred fry size.
6) Begin frying the potatoes as you drop the turkey burgers into the grill pan.
7) Put the finished fries on the cooling rack over the baking sheet. This lets them drip off the extra oil while minimizing mess.
8) Flip the turkey burger patties.
9) Stir paprika into ketchup to your preferred taste. It will add a nice bit of smokiness.
10) Serve the turkey patties on top of the grilled buns with the onion slices, and a nice big basket of fries!
Also, how does everyone like the blog redesign? Decided to switch things up and would love to hear some feedback!