Louis was jealous of the spent grain cookies we were enjoying, so I decided to make him his own treats. These treats were popular not only with my dog, but Cotton down the street as well. If you have a dog that loves peanut butter and you home brew, I definitely recommend you try out these treats!
RECIPE: Spent Grain Dog Treats
Enough for 4-5 Dogs for a Week
Mixer & Bowl
Oven set to 350
2 Cups Spent Grains
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Flour
Dash of Milk if needed
1) In a mixer, combine the all the listed ingredients to form a nice thick dough.
2) Spread a bit of extra flour on the counter and roll the dough to about a 1/4 inch thick or less.
3) Cut out the biscuits. I suggest using a fun shape, such as squirrels, bones, or puppy dogs.
4) Lay out the dough and bake at 350 inches for 40 minutes.
5) Turn off the oven and let the cookies cool in it for a bit to make sure they are dried out. If the cookies are damp at all they will mold quickly and not be good.
6) Move to a cooling rack and let cool completely before storing or serving.
Louis was definitely a fan of his new dog treats. Between the spent grains and peanut butter, I have never seen him eat a crunchy treat so quickly!