I know a lot of people like make zucchini lasagna. I like the combination of flavors, but honestly don’t want to spend all the time on a work night assembly it. So here is my version of a zucchini bake that makes you feel like your eating a vegetable lasagna scramble.
RECIPE: Zucchini Bake
Makes 4-6 Servings
Cast iron pan
Oven set to 375 degrees
1) Begin cooking up the the sausage links.
2) Mince up the scallions and garlic cloves and add to the sausage links.
3) Use a spatula to break up the sausage.
4) Deglaze the pan with some red wine.
5) Slice up the zucchini and add it to the pan, letting it cook.
6) Season with basil, parsley, and oregano.
7) Stir in the ricotta cheese and tomato sauce until everything is equally distributed in the pan.
8) Dice the mozzarella and drop it on top.
9) Bake until the entire mixture is hot and the cheese melts and browns.
10) Scoop and serve while warm!
A delicious squash filled dinner that brings together all my favorite Italian flavors.