So fusion food is really popular. I figured I would try out my own fusion style meal, and what is a better combination than Falafel and Tacos? I mean, conceptually its a bean component in a soft bread with sauce. The result was so freaking delicious. I was so glad there were leftovers.
RECIPE: Fusion: Falafel vs Taco
Makes 4-6 Servings
Cast iron pan
1/2 a Medium Onion
4-5 Cloves Garlic
1 quart Pinto Beans
1/4 Cup Flour
1) Peak and cut the garlic and onion into large chunks. Drop into the food processor until finely chopped.
2) Add the pinto beans and pulse the mixture.
3) Stir in the flour, cumin, salt, and paprika.
4) Heat the oil and form the bean mixture into falafel patties.
5) Drop the patties into the oil and cook until brown on each side.
6) Clean the food processor, and then add in the avocado, yogurt, and cilantro.
7) Puree the yogurt mixture until smooth.
8) Warm the tortillas in the oven or on the stove.
9) Serve the warmed tortillas with 3-4 falafels, and then a hearty drizzle of yogurt sauce.
Its fusion, and its delicious! I liked the pinto bean falafels a lot, but I think my husband loved the yogurt sauce the best.