I probably need to come up with a better name for this meal, but it is what it is. This upscale dinner is reminiscent of what I would order at a steakhouse (though its not steak). The chicken is pink from the red wine and not from being under cooked, that I promise. This dinner is great for a date night in or when you feel like indulging yourself. The mushrooms, onion, and chicken take on the great flavor from a red wine pan sauce, and get a cute pink color as a side effect!
Upscale Pink Chicken
Makes 2 Servings
Plastic Cutting Board
Cast iron pans
Wooden Cutting Board
1/2 an Onion
2 Cans of Spinach
1) Begin heating two cast iron pans. In the larger one, add a bit of ghee or oil.
2) On the plastic cutting board, slice the chicken breast into strips. Add it to the pan with the ghee or oil.
3) Slice up the mushrooms and the half an onion on the wooden cutting board with a clean knife. When the chicken is half cooked, add the vegetables to the pan and continue to saute. Season with Tarragon.
4) Open and drain the spinach and pour into the second cast iron pan.
5) Mince the garlic cloves and add to the spinach.
6) Add some heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the spinach and stir occasionally as it cooks.
7) Deglaze the chicken pan with red wine. Let the chicken and vegetables cook in the pan sauce until it takes on a red hue.
8) Serve right away and enjoy!
I should have been more careful when serving up the spinach. I usually use fresh or frozen, but decided to give canned spinach a try. It works well but its much harder to drain.