Potato skins are a great appetizer because you can make them early and then just heat them up in the oven when its time to serve. These are a vegetarian version (aka no bacon!), which makes it great for any kind of party crowd. You can make them half size, but I love the full potato skin boat look.
Vegetarian Potato Skins
Makes 12 Servings
Oven heat to 400 degrees
Fork or Potato Masher
1) Begin by partially baking the potatoes for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
2) Slice the potatoes in half and use a spoon to scoop the insides out and into a bowl.
3) Lay the skins down in a single layer on a baking sheet, coat in avocado oil and put back in to the oven to finish browning.
4) Finely chop the onion and add it to the potato.
5) Slice up part of the block of cheddar cheese.
6) Add some butter and parsley to the potatoes.
7) Mash up the potato and cheesy mixture.
8) Remove the skins from the oven and scoop the filling into them. You can chill the skins until its time to reheat them for appetizers.