Kugel is amazingly delicious. I have no idea why I don’t eat it more often. This recipe works well as a sweet side for dinner, or even as a dessert! It’s definitely a sweet kugel and its absolutely amazing.
RECIPE: Sweeten Up Kugel
Makes 6-8 Servings
2 8 x 8 Baking Dishes
Oven set to 375 Degrees
1/2 Cup Margarine, Melted
1 Cup Grated Sweet Potato
1 Cup Grated Carrot
1 Cup Grated Apples
1/2 Cup Matzah Meal
2 Tablespoons Spiced Apple Wine
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1) Cut and grate the sweet potato, carrot, and apple.
2) Put the shredded fruits and vegetables in a bowl.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl, but reserving a bit of the margarine to grease the baking dish.
4) Mix everything well and then press it into the baking dish.
5) Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until it starts to brown.
6) Let cool slightly but still serve warm in slices.
We had two dishes of kugel and each one got eaten up so fast!