My husband had some pepperoni bread while out the other day, and he was incredibly disappointed with the results. He was so disappointed that he asked me to bake pepperoni bread that would blow his mind. The results did not disappoint.
RECIPE: Pepperoni Bread Done Right
Makes 4-8 Servings
Oven set to 375 Degrees
500 ml Warm Milk
2 1/2 Teaspoons Yeast
1 Tablespoon Sugar
6 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
8 Ounces Mozzarella
Bag of Pepperoni
1) In a measuring cup, warm the milk and sprinkle on the yeast and sugar. Let sit to activate the yeast.
2) In a mixer, measure out the flour and add a sprinkle or so of salt.
3) Add the canola oil and milk mixture to the flour and kneed it in the mixer until a dough was formed.
4) Let rise somewhere warm until about double in size for about an hour and a half to two hours.
5) Press out the dough on a greased baking sheet.
6) Slice the mozzarella cheese into thin slices.
7) Layer the pepperoni and mozzarella cheese in rows on the bread dough. You should have three rows of each and be sure to overlap within each row.
8) Roll and tuck the dough before backing in a 375 degree oven until done.
9) The dough should be nice and crispy brown on the outside.
10) Slice and serve while warm for the best results, but its good leftover as well.
A cheesy pepperoni bread that is just done right! No big gaps, crunchy yet soft bread, and plenty of filling. Not a single bite of this bread will be without cheese and pepperoni!