Chocolate and banana is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Who doesn’t like chocolate dipped bananas, chocolate chip banana bread, or banana cake with chocolate frosting? This breakfast recipe helps satisfy my early morning desire for chocolate and banana! It’s so easy, and simply delectable.
RECIPE: Double Chocolate Banana Pancakes
Makes 4 Servings
Cast iron pan
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Melted Margarine
3/4 Cups Milk
1) In a bowl, combine your dry ingredients, including flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
2) Beat in the eggs, melted margarine, and milk. If you want to be fancy, you can beat the egg whites separately to stir in, but I usually don’t cause its too early for so many steps!
3) Peal and slice a banana into coins.
4) Heat a cast iron pan and make sure it is well greased.
5) Scoop in batter and then sprinkle with banana slices and chocolate chips.
6) When the batter begins to bubble, flip the pancakes. Let cook on the other side for a bit before serving.
7) Top with maple syrup or whip cream. We are very much a maple syrup household.