Luckily, these cookies work for just about any holiday as long as you switch up the food coloring and cookie cutters! These shortbread style holiday cookies are a crowd pleaser, and so easy to make!
RECIPE: Shamrock Cookies
Makes 3-4 Dozen Depending on Cookie Cutter Size
Oven set to 325 degrees
1/2 Stick Butter
1 Stick Margarine
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Green Food Coloring
1/2 Cup 10x Sugar
3 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Flour
Flour and 10x Sugar Mixture for rolling
1) In a mixer, cream together the butter, margarine, salt, and food coloring.
2) Mix in the sugar and vanilla extract.
3) Beat in the flour, but don’t over beat.
4) Wrap in wax paper and stick it in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
5) Use a mixture of flour and 10x sugar to roll out the dough.
6) Cut out the cookies and place on a baking sheet.
7) Bake for about 15 minutes or until done.
8) Use a spatula to transfer the baked cookies to a cooling rack, and let cool completely before storing or serving.
I was hoping the cookies would be as green as the dough, but they ended up being a much lighter green. Still very pretty and just as delicious!