Who doesn’t love cookies? These cookies will even make you feel healthy because they are made with whole wheat flour! Definitely something worth baking up mid week if you are craving something chocolate.
RECIPE: Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 2 Dozen
Oven heated to 325
1/2 a stick of Margarine
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
1) Soften the margarine and then cream it together with the regular sugar and brown sugar.
2) Slowly stir in the pinch of salt, egg, and vanilla.
3) Add the flour and baking soda, stirring until a good cookie dough is formed.
4) Stir in the bittersweet chocolate chip cookies. You can adjust based on your desired level of chocolate.
5) Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
6) Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
7) Remove from sheet, the bottoms should be golden in color, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
8) Store in an airtight container once they have cooled completely.