I love fresh herbs. I overwinter some of my favorite herb plants on my windowsill. I also have a freezer filled with pecans I picked at a friend’s house and cracked myself. With these great local products, why not try making a fresh pesto sauce to use with the mushroom ravioli I had made? The result was pretty darn good. I highly recommend you try pecans next time you make pesto!
RECIPE: Pecan Pesto
Makes enough for 3 servings of Ravioli
Pot or Pan
Spatula or Spoon
4 cloves Garlic
1) Peal and place the garlic cloves in the food process. Process until finely chopped.
2) Add the fresh herbs and process.
3) Add in a few handfuls of pecans and repeat.
4) Mix in Parmesan cheese and Avocado oil and process until the texture is right.
5) Taste and grind in some dried basil and parsley if additional herbs are needed since the windowsill plants are smaller than the garden plants.
6) Salt a large pot of water and cook up three servings of ravioli or other pasta.
7) Drain the ravioli/pasta when done, reserving just a bit of the liquid in the bottom of the pan, and stir in the fresh pesto to create even coverage.
8) Serve right away!