My husband likes paninis. A lot. He makes them for lunch during the work week pretty regularly. Any time we have sandwiches, he asks that they be put in the panini press. If we ever divorce, I’m pretty sure the only item he will take from our kitchen is this panini press. To honor his love for paninis, I decided to make him the manliest panini I could for dinner.
RECIPE: The Manliest Panini
Makes 2 Sandwiches
(or more if you are hungry)
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Whole Wheat Bread
Arizona Gunslinger BBQ Sauce
Ghost Pepper Mustard
Kosher Pickle Coins
1) Begin by slicing up some onion to go on the sandwiches and cutting up about 2-4 ounces of cheddar cheese.
2) Lay down the two slices of butter bread (Butter side down) for your first sandwich.
Evenly spread one slice in an layer of Arizona Gunslinger BBQ Sauce. On the other slice, spread a thick layer of the ghost pepper mustard.
3) You have the option of putting down a layer of cheddar cheese on one of the slices of bread. I did for his sandwich, but not mine.
4) On top of the cheese, layer 3-6 slices of deli chicken. Top with onion slices and then a layer of pickles.
5) Top again with cheese, and then the other slice of sauce coated bread.
6) Place the sandwiches on the hot press, and press them!
7) Once the bread is brown and crunchy and the cheese melted, remove from the press.
8) Slice in half, and serve immediately!