This recipe has evolved a lot over the years. It began in college based on a dish one of my housemates would make of just regular noodles mixed with peanut butter and sriracha. It’s a bit more complicated and fancier now, but the taste has also improved 10 fold. If you like spicy food, I definitely recommend trying out this recipe when you are craving something a little different for dinner.
RECIPE: Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles
Makes a 2-3 Servings
Cast iron pan
Spatula or Spoon
2 Large Cloves Garlic
3-4 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
1-2 Tablespoons Sriracha
1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
1) Chop up the scallions, reserve some of the greens for later but add the rest to a cast iron pan with some sesame oil.
2) Begin boiling a pot of water and cook the edamame spaghetti as directed on the box.
3) Mince the garlic and add it to the scallions. Stir constantly.
4) Sprinkle the mixture with ginger and a dash or two of soy sauce.
5) Add in the peanut butter and sriracha. Start with the small measurements and adjust based on preference and consistency.
6) Add the cooked noodles to the pan. I prefer to transfer from pot to pan so that some of the cooking water clings to the noodles and helps the sauce mix better with the noodles.
7) Stir in the sesame seeds and serve with a sprinkling of scallions on top. I think this is one of my husband’s favorite dishes. It combines two of his favorite flavors, peanut butter and spicy!