After making those crunch wrap burgers, we had a few left over tostadas. Instead of using them to make the equivalent of flat tacos, we decided to go all out. These things push the edge of what is considered finger food into monster sized food. They come with every topping you could imagine to put on them!
RECIPE: Fully Loaded Tostadas
Makes 5 Servings
1) Begin by cooking the soaked black beans in some chicken stock. When softened, drain excess stock and put through the food processor and return to the pan.
2) On a plastic cutting board, cut the chicken into cubes and begin cooking in a cast iron pan.
3) Season the chicken with cumin, paprika, and hot pepper powders. Season the black beans with garlic powder and cilantro.
4) Slice up an avocado and an ounce or so of extra sharp cheddar cheese.
5) Chop up the onion, slice the lime, and shred the lettuce.
6) Lay out the tostadas over two plates. Begin by smearing each tostada with some of the processed black beans, and then top with slices of avocado.
7) Add the lettuce, onion, and jalapenos next.
8) Add the chicken and cheddar cheese slices.
9) Top with salsa and a dollop of sour cream.
10) Garnish with the limes and have your guests squeeze the juice over top of them before eating.
These were so filling that one was enough for a whole meal! Definitely recommend these as a meal and not as an appetizer!