Chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination out there. Especially when it comes to desserts, there is nothing better. Reese’s peanut butter cups, peanut butter frosting on chocolate cupcakes, butterfingers, all of them capitalize on this great combination. These cookies take the chocolate and peanut butter combination to whole new level. My husband loved these, my coworkers loved these, and they work better than caffeine for keeping you awake and sugar high for early morning car trips!
RECIPE: Supreme Combo Cookies
Makes 4 Dozen
Oven set to 300 Degrees
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Butter
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Coco Powder
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Chips (cause I ran out)
1) In a mixer, cream together the sugars and butter.
2) Beat in the eggs and a splash of vanilla.
3) Mix in the flour, baking soda, salt, and coco powder.
4) Add the peanut butter and chips. Mix so there are still smears of peanut butter visible and the chips are evenly distributed.
5) Scoop the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
6) Bake the cookies for 18 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack immediately.
You can even see the peanut butter swirl in the finished cookie product! They are a soft cookie, and you don’t need a glass of milk to really dig into these. I highly recommend you try this recipe if you like chocolate and peanut butter together (and honestly, except people with allergies to one of the ingredients, who doesn’t like the combination?)