Did you know that today is national cereal day? Did you know there was a national cereal day? I sure didn’t until one of my coworkers told me and then I saw it on Instagram (Have you followed me on Instagram yet? If not you should to get sneak peaks of the recipes to come!). In a fortunate coincidence, I was planning to post this lovely cereal based recipe today anyway! So happy national cereal day!
RECIPE: Cocoa Crispies
Makes 9 Crispy Treats
8 x 8 Baking Dish
5 ounces Marshmallows
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Scoop Peanut Butter (It’s just too sticky to bother accurately measuring for this recipe)
2 Cups Chocolate Rice Crispies
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
Grease (aka extra butter)
1) In a microwave safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, peanut butter, and butter.
2) Microwave the mixture on high in 30 second increments until the marshmallows expand and soften.
3) Quickly stir the hot mixture to evenly incorporate all of the components.
4) Add the cereal and stir quickly to evenly coat.
5) After the cereal has been added, it should be cooled enough to add in the chocolate chips without risk of them melting. Stir to evenly distribute.
6) Grease your 8 x 8 baking dish with some of the leftover butter and then press the cereal mixture into the pan.
7) Chill and serve by cutting into squares.