Eastern European foods makes for great comfort foods. I love when beets are in season, because I could eat borscht everyday for weeks (and did when traveling in Ukraine!). Luckily, every season is cabbage season given how well those heads of deliciousness store, so its easy to make haluski anytime you want it!
Makes 3-4 Servings
Cast iron pan
1/2 Head of Cabbage
1) Remove the outer most leaves from the cabbage and then slice up about half the head into small strips.
2) Melt some butter in a cast iron pan and throw the cabbage into it.
3) Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the egg noodles into it to cook.
4) Season the cabbage with salt and pepper and continue cooking until the cabbage is soft and almost translucent.
5) Transfer the drained noodles to the cabbage and butter mixture. Stir and serve after the flavors have had a bit of time to meld together.