Heartbreak is a terrible thing. No one likes going through a break up, and it is difficult to comfort a friend who is mourning the end of a relationship. That is why Break Up Brownies came into being. The best way to get over a relationship is to dig into delicious chocolate brownies that you can binge eat to your heart’s content. These Rocky Road Break Up Brownies are for extra serious heart breaks, and do travel well if you need to mail them to a friend that you can’t comfort in person.
RECIPE: Rocky Road Break Up Brownies
Makes 1 pan of Brownies
Microwave Safe Bowl
8 x 8 Baking Dish
Oven heated to 350 degrees
3/4 Cup White Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla
6 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1/3 Cup Margarine
1 Cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Pecans
Lots of Mini Marshmallows
1) In a bowl, begin mixing together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
2) In a microwave safe container, combine the chocolate chips and margarine. Microwave them together until melted.
3) While the melted mixture is cooling slightly, add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the egg mixture.
4) Mix in the melted chocolate to the mixture to make the batter.
5) Grease the foil that will line the 8 x 8 pan and then pour the batter into to the pan, spreading it out even.
6) Sprinkle the top of the brownies with chocolate chips and pecans.
7) Begin baking the brownies for 15-20 minutes.
8) When the brownies are most of the way baked, open the oven and sprinkle liberally with mini marshmallows.
9) Finish baking for another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
10) Let cool before serving, storing, or mailing.
These brownies are so covered in toppings, you can barely see the brownie under it! That’s the way you know its good!