Chorizo was on sale at the market, and I couldn’t resist picking it up. I love tacos of all kinds, so I decided to make some fancy chorizo tacos for dinner. I only used one link to make four tacos for dinner, so there were plenty of leftover chorizo links to make more meals!
RECIPE: Chorizo Taco
Makes 4 Tacos
Cast iron pans
Chorizo Sausage Link
Small Flour Tortillas
Canned Jalapeno Peppers
Canned Tomatoes or Fresh if you have it
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) Remove the casing from a link of chorizo and begin browning in a cast iron pan.
2) Mince up the onion and add it to the chorizo.
3) Heat up another cast iron pan and use it to warm/toast the flour tortillas.
4) Cut up the canned tomato and slice the pepper jack cheese.
5) In a warm tortilla, fill with the hot sausage and onion mixture.
6) Top with meat mixture with canned jalapeno peppers and chopped tomatoes.
7) Lay down the 2 slices of pepper jack per taco for even cheese coverage.