There are so many people who argue that chili should only be made with beef, others argue that chili should only be made with beans. I call this recipe Mutt chili because it includes both meat and beans!
RECIPE: Mutt Chili
Makes 6 Servings
3/4 of an onion
4 Cloves Garlic
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) Begin browning the ground beef in the bottom of the pot.
2) Chop up the onion, green pepper, and garlic.
3) Add the vegetables to the ground beef and stir.
4) Drain, rinse, and add the black beans to the pot.
5) Season with cumin, spicy pepper powder, paprika, and cilantro.
6) Stir in the pureed tomatoes, stir, and let simmer to bring the flavors together.
7) Grate about 1-2 ounces of pepper jack cheese.
8) Serve the chili warm with a sprinkle of shredded cheese on top!
The best part about the chili is that it tastes so good and the leftovers can be used in numerous different ways. The night after we had the chili, we had chili tacos with avocado and they were amazing!