I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like Oreo Truffles. When you search the recipes, almost all of them call for mixing crumbled Oreo cookies with a block of cream cheese. Now I have plenty of other chocolate dipped delights in my recipe collection, that I wanted to do something different for the Oreo Truffles. The result is an Oreo Truffle made with an almost butter cream like frosting.
RECIPE: Not your usual Oreo Truffle
Mixer with Wire Whisk Attachment
1/2 a Stick of Butter
10 X or Powdered Sugar
Dash of Vanilla
1 Tbs Heavy Cream
Package of Oreos
Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1) In a mixer, soften and beat the butter. Slowly add in powdered sugar until it become a crumbly frosting.
2) Beat in the vanilla and heavy cream until an extremely thick frosting is made.
3) In a food processor, crumble the cookies until they are a fine powder.
4) Dump the cooking crumbles into the frosting and mix them together. The result should be black like the cookies but with specks of white frosting.
5) Use the cookie scoop to scoop of bits of the mixture to roll into balls and place on the wax paper.
6) In a pot, begin melting a bit of the wax, and then with a spoon stir in the chocolate chips until melted and smooth and shiny!
7) Using a fork, gently dip the truffles into the chocolate.
8) Place on wax paper and chill before putting into a tin and storing in the fridge.