We love buffalo chicken dip. Actually, I think it’s my husbands favorite meal. Instead of just scooping it onto chips or slices of bread, we decided to bake it straight into the bread! I still need to experiment with a different whole wheat dough, but conceptually it was perfect. The blue cheese in the dip made it amazing.
RECIPE: Buffalo Chicken Bread
Makes 1 Loaf
Oven set to 375 Degrees
Whole Wheat Bread Dough
4 oz Cream Cheese
4 oz Cheddar Cheese
1 Can of Chicken
1) Take your proofed whole wheat bread and gently pat it out into a square.
2) In a bowl, smear the cream cheese in the bowl.
3) Shred the cheddar cheese and add 3/4 of it into the bowl with the cream cheese, reserving a little for later.
4) Add about half a container of blue cheese to the bowl, as well as the can of chicken.
5) Dose the mixture in the bowl with hot sauce.
6) Spoon the buffalo chicken dip onto the center of the bread dough.
7) Roll the mixture and into the dough and gently fold it into the greased loaf pan.
8) Sprinkle the top of the loaf with cheddar cheese.
9) Bake in the 375 degree oven, until the loaf is fully baked and golden brown.
10) Serve the loaf while its still hot by sliding it out of the pan onto a cutting board. Use a sereted knife to slice and enjoy.
I can’t wait to make it again! It was incredibly delicious!