I would apologize for the lack of prep pictures for this meal, except for the fact I love that my husband starts cooking before I get home! There is nothing better than having a long day at the office and coming home to a house smelling like dinner. In this case, it smelled good as soon as I got out of my car since he was grilling. This is the I relish the opportunity Burger.
RECIPE: I relish the opportunity burger
Makes 2 Burgers
Chunk of Beef
Hot Pepper Relish (nothing milder than a banana pepper in there)
1) Freeze the ground beef and bacon until mostly frozen. Remove and cut into chunks to make grinding easier. You want to grind in about one slice of bacon per 5-6 ounces of beef.
2) Grind the mixture twice to ensure the beef and bacon are fully incorporated.
3) Form the meat into patties and place on top of the wax paper lined plate.
4) Season the patties with a tiny sprinkle of paprika, garlic powder, and cumin on both sides.
5) Place the patties on the grill. Before flipping, give each patty a partial turn to create the nice diamond sear pattern.
6) Toast the buns lightly on the grill after you flip the patties.
7) Throw away the wax paper and place the buns and patties on hte clean plate.
8) Top the patties with a nice scoop of homemade hot pepper relish to give it the kick it desires, no other condiments needed or recommended.
Instead of french fries, we decided to give these burgers baked potatoes as a side. Its the same concept, but definitely a bit healthier!