It is so rare that we get avocados on sale in our area, and it is even rare for them to be of good quality. I picked up these two avocados out of sheer excitement at the possibilities they held. I used half of one in some tacos and the rest got saved for these delicious delicious nachos.
RECIPE: Fancy Guacamole and Nachos
Makes 2 Servings
Mortar and Pestle
Small baking pans
Oven Set to 375 degrees
5 cloves Garlic
1 1/2 Avocados
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1) Mince up an onion, adding half of it to the pot on the stove while reserving the other half for later.
2) Once the onions have cooked a bit, add in part of a can of black beans and corn.
3) Season the beans with cumin, paprika, pepper powder, and a touch of tomato powder.
4) Mince up the garlic cloves. Add about half of them to the beans and reserve the other half for later.
5) While the beans are cooking, its time to start working on the guacamole.
6) Put the minced garlic and onion into the mortar.
7) Peal the avocados and remove the pits, add it to the mortar.
8) Add some salt, pepper, and cilantro to the mortar.
9) Slice the lime into wedges.
10) Shred the extra sharp cheddar cheese, and lay out the tortilla chips in their pans. 2-3 ounces of chips per pan is the perfect amount.
11) Use the pestle to start creating the guacamole in the mortar. Squeeze in the lime juice, mix, taste, and adjust as needed.
12) Sprinkle the cheese over the chips and then top with beans and corns.
13) Bake until the cheese melts.
14) Remove from the oven and top with a layer of the fresh guacamole.
15) Serve in the trays for a fun date night!