Chicken parm is something we hadn’t made in a long time. In fact, I think the last time we had it was in college. With the dish being very overdue to be made, we decided to make it our Christmas Eve dinner this year. It was absolutely delicious!
RECIPE: Chicken Parm
Makes 4 Servings
Plastic Cutting Board
Cast iron pan
Glass Baking Dish
Oven set to 375
4 Chicken Breasts
Whole Wheat Spaghetti
1) Lay out the chicken breasts on a plastic cutting board. Lay a piece of wax paper over it and use a heavy rolling pin or cast iron pan until its flattened.
2) In one bowl, add flour with salt and pepper. In a second bowl, beat together two eggs. In a third bowl, mix together 1 cup breadcrumbs to a half cup parmdesan cheese.
3) In a cast iron pan, begin heating a layer of oil over medium high heat.
4) Dip the flattened chicken breast in the flour, then the eggs, and finally the bread crumb mixture before dropping it into the hot oil.
5) Fry on each side until golden brown and then place it in the glass baking dish.
6) Once all the chicken has been fried, spread a layer of tomato sauce over each piece.
7) Slice the mozzarella cheese into slice and lay it over the chicken. Sprinkle with lots of parmesan cheese.
8) Place in the hot oven to bake until the cheese melts.
9) While it is baking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti.
10) Serve the chicken parm over a fresh layer of pasta and then sprinkle with fresh basil and parsley.
This chicken was crispy, delicious, and amazing. The homemade sauce complimented the chicken perfectly.