The temperatures this winter have been frightfully unpredictable. When the cold begins to seep into your bones, there is nothing better than broccoli potato soup. Its hot and thick, the kind of soup that sticks to your ribs and warms your entire body.
RECIPE: Broccoli Potato Soup
Makes 4 Servings
Pot with lid
Half Quart Broth
1 Cup Heavy Cream
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 slices Bacon
1) Cube the potatoes and put them in the pot with the broth.
2) Cover and simmer until the potatoes soften and absorb all the delicious broth flavor.
3) Mix in the heavy cream and use the immersion blender to make it smooth and creamy.
4) Finely chop up the broccoli.
5) Season the soup with a bit of black pepper, salt, paprika, and sprinkle with all the broccoli.
6) Stir everything and let it keep cooking.
7) Let the bacon cook, when its finished chop it up.
8) Shred the extra sharp cheddar cheese.
9) Serve the soup with a sprinkle of cheese and bits of bacon on top!