Nothing is more wintry than cabbage soup, or maybe its because cabbage soup seems like an old country meal (no matter what country you are from). This recipe is a quick cabbage soup because it uses condensed tomato soup to make it come together faster.
RECIPE: Quick Cabbage Soup
Makes 1 Pot or 4 servings
5 Cloves Garlic
1 Can Tomato Soup
1/2 a Cabbage
Beer Grain Bread (for the side)
1) Mince up an onion and begin cooking it slowly in a pot.
2) Chop up the carrots and add them to the pot with the onion.
3) Mince the garlic and stir it into the carrots and onion.
4) Dump in the can of condensed soup and the vegetable broth.
5) Chop up about half a head of cabbage and stir it into the soup.
6) Let everything cook for about 10 minutes so that the cabbage softens before serving.
This is a very basic recipe, so feel free to spice it up anyway that you want to! I’m a fan of adding dill to it, but I think my husband added hot sauce as he usually does.