I love pecans, and I certainly have plenty of them from being able to pick them locally. I think the pecans are the best part of living where I do actually.
RECIPE: Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Makes 2 8 x 8 Pans
8 x 8 Baking Pans
Oven set to 375
1 1/4 Cups Flour
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Stick Butter
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Pecans
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1) In food processor, combine the ingredients for the crust until the butter is course little chunks in the flour. You can also do this using a pastry blender and a bowl.
2) Pat the crust equally into the two pans and then bake for about 10 minutes until golden.
3) In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla.
4) Beat in the eggs.
5) Melt the butter and add it and the pecans and chocolate chips to the mixture, making sure everything gets evenly coated.
6) Pour the mixture over the crust and bake again for 15 to 20 minutes until the center sets.
7) Let cool before slicing and serving. It must be chilled if you make it ahead of time or to store any leftovers you have.
I made one more chocolate than the other, because for office potlucks you have to bake for a variety of taste buds.