I have to admit, these cookies were my favorites (flavor wise) this holiday season. The cookies were the perfect level of sweet and melt in your mouth buttery. I also forgot how delicious the mixed berry jam I made over the summer was, and they perfectly complimented these cookies! Out of all the varieties I made (and there were a lot!) these cookies were the first to disappear.
RECIPE: Jam It In Cookies
Makes 3-4 Dozens
Oven set to 300
2 Sticks Butter
1 Cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Bourbon Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Mixed Berry Jam
1) In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
2) Mix in the egg and vanilla.
3) Beat in the flour and baking powder until combined, but do not over beat.
4) Scoop out cookie dough and form into balls before placing them on an ungreased baking sheet. They will spread a bit so be sure to leave room!
5) Use a small spoon to scoop out a bit of the center of the cookie dough. Be sure to keep the scooped out bit to make more cookies!
6) Fill the cookies with the jam.
7) Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden brown.
8) Let cool on a flat surface, so I lined my cooling racks with silicon mats for cooling.
You may have noticed crumbs on one of the cooling racks, but that’s because one of the cookies “accidentally” broke and I had to eat it for quality insurance purposes…