These chocolate and mint swirled cookies are beyond delicious! If you like eating peppermint patties or any combination of mint and chocolate, then I highly recommend you make this recipe for your holiday season! The great thing is that the flavors are winter without being distinctly Christmas, so you can definitely use them as a treat to ring in the new year!
RECIPE: Peppermint Patty Pinwheel
Makes 3 Dozen
Glass measuring cup
Oven set to 375
1 stick Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
1 Tablespoon Milk
1 1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 Ounce unsweetened chocolate
1) In a mixer, cream together the butter, the sugar, and the peppermint extract.
2) Mix in the egg and milk.
3) Slowly beat in the flour, salt, and baking powder.
4) Remove half the dough from the mixing bowl and put to the side on piece of wax paper.
5) Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a measuring cup in the microwave being careful to check and stir it to ensure that the chocolate doesn’t burn (nothing tastes worse than burnt chocolate).
6) Mix the chocolate into the rest of the dough in the mixer until thoroughly combined throughout.
7) Roll out the different flavors of dough using a rolling pin using the wax paper. Attempt to roll them out to equal sizes.
8) Lay the mint flavor over the chocolate dough, slowly roll it up.
9) Wrap the log of cookie dough in plastic wrap and chill for about 3 hours.
10) Now you can practice you slice and bake skills from your childhood! Slice the chilled dough into 1/4 inch pieces.
11) Lay the sliced spirals on a baking sheet and then admire how cool all the spirals look!
12) Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the bottoms begin to brown.
13) Use a spatula to move the baked cookies to a cooling rack. When completely cooled, they can be stored.