So you may remember my earlier post about the smoked tacos. Well, there was plenty of leftover delicious smoked meat after two or three meals of tacos. We decided to change it up a bit and make some fancy smoked meat nachos instead! Pair these nachos with a nice wine, and you have a relaxing and scrumptious meal.
RECIPE: Smoky Nachoes
Makes 2 Servings
Cast iron pan
Oven set to 375
1/2 a large Onion
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1) Chop up some of the smoked meat and add it to a cast iron pan to start warming it.
2) Open a can of corn and add about half of it to the warming meat. Pour some of the extra meat juice over it all as it warms.
3) Cut the onion into long pieces and add into the corn and meat mixture.
4) Lay the tortilla chips out on a baking sheet.
5) Shred 4 to 6 ounces of the extra sharp cheddar cheese and sprinkle a layer across all the chips evenly.
6) Spread the beef, corn, and mixture over the cheddar cheese.
7) Bake in a hot oven until the cheese melts. My oven accidentally got turned to broil instead of off at the end which led to some extra crispy chips at the edges. (Whoops!)
8) Slide the chips on to plates and top with some nice flavorful homemade salsa.