Every year, I try to do as many new Christmas cookies as possible. I figure if I try new cookies, I have a better chance of finding the perfect cookies to make up my cookie rotation. One of my new cookies this year was the eggnog cookies! If you like snicker doodles, this festive cookie is for you!
RECIPE: Eggnog Cookies
Makes 3-4 Dozen
Oven heated to 300 degrees
Silicon Baking Sheets
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
Stick and a Half of Butter
2 1/4 Cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Cup Non Alcoholic Eggnog
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
2 Egg Yolks
Nutmeg for sprinkling
1) In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
2) Mix in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3) Slowly stir in the eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks until mixed, but don’t over mix.
4) Use a scoop out rounded spoonfuls of dough onto non-greased baking sheets, sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
5) Bake in a 300 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bottoms begin to lightly brown.
6) Lay the silicon baking sheets over the cooling racks, move the cookies from the baking tray to the cooling sheets.
7) Let cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container.