When you have leftover pizza dough you have three options: make another pizza, make a Calzone, or make a Stromboli. How do you decided what to make? It’s easy, because the only correction option is Stromboli. Stromboli is delicious. I made this with some of our leftover sourdough pizza dough.
RECIPE: Pepperoni and Spinach Stromboli
Makes 4 Servings
Greased Baking Sheet
Oven set to 475 degrees
Sourdough Pizza Dough
1) Press out some of the pizza dough over a greased baking sheet.
2) In the center of the dough, spread out some pasta sauce.
3) Lay down the pepperoni so that its slightly overlapping and covering all the tomato sauce.
4) Shred the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle it over the pepperoni.
5) Sprinkle the mozzarella over the pepperoni and then sprinkle oregano over it.
6) Pile fresh spinach over the entire thing, the more the better.
7) Roll the dough over the fillings and create a few slits to let out steam during baking.
8) Slide the baking sheet into the oven and bake until crispy and brown.
9) Slide onto a baking sheet and serve in sliced sections.