I am still feeling a bit under the weather and wasn’t able to finish the post about the actual Thanksgiving Dinner. I promise I will have it done this weekend, mostly because I can’t really do much cooking or baking. My entire area is still under a boil water notice and conservation because of some water system issues, so can’t really do my usual mess around in the kitchen. So between being sick and now not having a good source of water means I may be a little short of posts next week!
Today’s post is what I call my Black Friday Breakfast. It’s filling, satisfying, and will keep you energized as you run from store to store doing all your shopping. Our Black Friday shopping was Tractor Supply and PetSmart, not so exciting, but they had a good deal on our dog’s favorite brand of food and we could stock up for the next few months. Anywhere, here is a good breakfast for a hectic day on the go!
RECIPE: Black Friday Breakfast
Makes 2 Servings
Cast iron pan
Large Russet Potato
Half a Sausage Log
1) Thinly slice and cut the onion and potato into bite size pieces.
2) In a hot cast iron pan, begin cooking up half the breakfast sausage log.
3) When the sausage is about half way cooked, add in the onion and potatoes and continue stirring and cooking. You can cover to let it cook for a while if you’d like.
4) In a bowl beat up the three eggs until a bit frothy.
5) Slice up 2-3 ounces of cheddar cheese.
6) Uncover the sausage and potatoes, pour in the eggs and begin scrambling so that it all sticks together.
7) Sprinkle in the cheese and give it another stir so that it begins to melt.
8) Serve the breakfast scramble with half a banana on the side for a potassium burst!
The best part of this meal is that the breakfast sausage flavors soak into every bit of the scramble. The potatoes and onion want to fall apart in your mouth, and the eggs and cheese grip together everything in a perfect breakfast!