So I am still working on gathering together all my Thanksgiving recipes. It has been a busy weekend, and I am a little bit behind on my blogging. I hope to be caught up in the next few days. In the mean time, here is the super short recipe to make jalapeno corn bread for buns!
RECIPE: Spicy Red Corn Bread
Makes 4 buns (8 pieces)
Cast iron pan
Oven set to 400 degrees
4 Red Jalapenos
Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
1/3 Cup Milk
1) Remove the seeds from the jalapenos and then cut into rings.
2) In a bowl, combine the corn bread mix, the egg, and the milk.
3) Drop the jalapeno rings into the batter and stir.
4) Pour the batter into a greased cast iron pan.
5) Bake until the corn bread begins to pull away from the side, but doesn’t brown too much. It is easier to use it as buns if is stays a tad under cooked and extra moist.
6) Bake the corn bread the day before Thanksgiving. Cover it and put it in the fridge until the next day.
It’s ready to go in the oven!