My husband told me that he has never had gnocchi before, and I couldn’t believe it! He has eaten just about anything or everything, and gnocchi seemed so benign compared to some of the things he has eaten. So I wasted no time in whipping up a batch of gnocchi, and he loved it! This is a relatively cheap vegetarian meal that will make you feel like a classy home cook.
Makes 3-4 Servings
Cast iron pan
1/2 a Stick of Butter
5 Cloves Garlic
2 cups Flour
1) Peel the two potatoes and place in my a pot of water. Cover and let boil.
2) When you can easily stick a fork through the potato, remove it from the water and place it in a bowl.
3) Mash the potatoes and then stick it in the fridge to chill the potato down.
4) Begin melting the butter in a cast iron pan over low heat.
5) Mince up five or so cloves of garlic and add it to the butter. Season with a sprinkle of parsley.
6) Remove the the potato from the fridge when its still warm but can be handled with your hands.
7) Measure out a cup of the mashed potato, and if there is any leftover, put it aside for later.
8) Add two cups of flour and 1 egg to the cup of mashed potato.
9) Use your hands to combine the flour, egg, and potato and then kneed it until a dough forms. Don’t over kneed or work the dough though!
10) Bring a pot of water with salt to a boil
11) Roll out bits of the dough into long snakes of dough.
12) Cut the dough with a sharp knife into little pieces. Add them to the water and let cook for 3 minutes.
13) Once the gnocchi has cooked, scoop it out of the boiling water with a slotted spoon and drop it into the garlic butter sauce.
14) Stir the gnocchi and ensure that the butter sauce evenly coats everything.
15) Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan and enjoy!
This gnocchi is a fluffy potato pasta coated in a light delicious garlic sauce. It makes you feel like you are having a classy lunch, when you actually were able to make it all in about half and hour with ingredients you had around the house.