We are big on making burgers for every holiday, and Halloween was no different. This burger was a joint effort between my husband and I. The result was not only delicious, but reflected the flavors of the season perfectly. I can’t wait till next Halloween to have it again!
RECIPE: No Trick, Just Treat Burger
Makes 2 Servings
Cast iron Pan
Czar Dust Seasoning
Pecans, freshly shelled
1-2 T Butter
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1) Core the apple and then slice it into rings. Lay the rings out and sprinkle liberally with czar dust seasoning from Penzy’s.
2) In a pan, melt the butter.
3) Once the butter is melted, add in the pecans and stir them to ensure they are evenly coated and cooking without sticking or burning.
4) Add a spoonful of brown sugar, a fresh dashes of cinnamon, and some freshly grated nutmeg to the pecans. Don’t stop stirring!
5) Once the pecans are candied, remove them to a bowl.
6) Grind together the beef and bacon and form into patties.
7) Slice the extra sharp cheddar cheese.
8) Right before you put the patties on the grill, sprinkle with salt and pepper on each side.
9) Lay the apple slices on the grill, flipping them when one side gets solid grill marks.
10) Nibble on the excess apples and you put the buns on to start toasting.
11) Put the cheese on the patties and let it melt as they finish grilling.
12) On the cutting board, layer it as bottom pun, cheese burger, 2 apples slices, a hearty helping of pecans, and then top bun.
Between the candied pecans and grilled apples, this burger is more than just a sweet treat! The extra sharp cheddar cheese and bacon flavors balance out the sweetness of the topping, and leave your mouth watering for seconds. Why go out and trick or treat, when the best thing you could get it at home?