With my recent travel and all day meetings, I have been eating a lot of catered and boxed lunches. That means I have been craving vegetables, all of the vegetables. While most people would have a salad, I just want a baked potato covered in all the vegetables. I’m also exhausted after all the meetings and travel so I was not going to make anything elaborate!
RECIPE: Baked Potato Dinner
Makes 2 Servings
Oven set to 400 Degrees
Cast iron pan
Large Russet Potatoes
1) About an hour before dinner, use a fork to poke a few holes in the potatoes before putting them into the oven to bake for an hour.
2) When the potatoes are getting closer to done, begin preparing the toppings.
3) Start by dicing the onions and throwing into the cast iron pan. When the onions have cooked a little, cut up the broccoli into little pieces and toss it in.
4) Shred the cheddar cheese and set it to the side.
5) Once the potatoes are done, slice them open and add butter to them.
6) Then top the potatoes with the peppers, and then the broccoli and onion.
7) Finally, sprinkle with cheese and eat! If you feel like your potato needs an extra kick, Worcester sauce or hot sauce make an awesome addition!