I have a friend who is pretty much the Frankie to my Grace. We used to garden together, and drink wine together. Now we live across country from each other and mostly trade pictures of what we’ve been growing and baking. I had to make this recipe of hers, because it looked down right mouthwatering. I made a mini version of the roll since I don’t need to be tempted to eat too much of it.
RECIPE: Mini Pumpkin Roll
Makes 1 Mini Roll
1 Large Spatula
1 Small Spatula
Silicon Baking Sheet
Metal Baking Sheet
Oven set to 375 degrees
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1/4 Cup Flour
1/3 teaspoon Baking Soda
Sprinkle of Salt
Dash of Cinnamon
3 oz Cream Cheese
1/3 Cup 10 x Sugar
Splash of Vanilla
1) In a bowl, use the large spatula to combine the egg and sugar.
2) Stir in the pumpkin.
3) Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until a consistent batter is formed.
4) Grease the silicon baking sheet and place it on top of the metal baking pan.
5) Spread the batter evenly on the silicon pan.
6) Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until done.
7) While its baking, in the second bowl, use the small spatula to combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
8) Crack and crumble the pecans.
9) Remove the baking sheets from the oven and slide the silicon baking sheet onto the cooling rack.
10) Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pumpkin cake. Sprinkle it with the pecans.
11) Roll the pumpkin roll, and shift it off the silicon baking sheet onto the cooling rack.
12) Decorate the roll how you wish, I went with powdered sugar and then used a little bit of the frosting to place pecans on top of the roll.
Also, why are pecans so freaking good when they are fresh? I was not a big fan of nuts from the store, but I cannot help myself around these fresh ones!