I think one of my favorite combinations of all time is chocolate and bananas. I like chocolate covered bananas for dessert, chocolate chip banana bread, and even banana ice cream with chocolate syrup. However, when it comes time for breakfast, all I want is a chocolate and banana pancake! It’s sort of like that song…
RECIPE: Chocolate Banana Pancake
Makes 5 Servings
Cast iron pan
1 cup Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
Pinch of Salt
Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1) Peel and slice up one ripe banana, I usually put the slices on a small plate to the side.
2) In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
3) Create a well in the dry ingredients and add the milk, egg, canola oil, and salt.
4) Milk the ingredients until everything is combined but not overly beaten.
5) Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat.
6) When the pan is hot, pour some of the batter into the pan. Layer with sliced bananas, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
7) When the batter begins bubbling flip it with the spatula and let the other side cook for just a little bit, before sliding it out of the pan and onto the plate.
8) Top the pancake with just a touch of syrup before serving.